Thursday, November 27, 2008

Texas

Well, we stopped in Amarillo TX for gas. $1.59. It's a little hole in the wall town. I saw the biggest hickey on a girl that I haven't seen on anyone since high school...do people still do hickeys? Wow, people from Texas say they have the biggest and best of everything...its true for hickeys!!! We (the RV) keep hitting bottom and going over corners....the hitch cover fell off somewhere in Texas I guess...on the road again...
Now, we are coming to Albuquerque, NM. We decide to go onto Gallop, NM. Mark jokes that maybe we should call and visit Phillema...she is an Indian girl that lived with us for nine months during the school year. I called Heidi to refresh my memory why Phillema shared a room with Camille and not her. Heidi & Phillema were both 10 years old. Both in the 5Th grade. Heidi said it was because she was a "brat" and wanted her own space. She was into Strawberry Shortcake and Phillema wasn't....okay..we just laughed and laughed!
Well, here in Gallop, NM we asked about the best Mexican restaurant in town. We were told to eat at the "Panno Allegra"...so we drove there and walked in. We are the only Caucasian people in the restaurant. It was great food. Very spicy. I couldn't even eat the salsa, too hot! We leave to drive back to the KOA and it is the first city that Mark got "Flipped off" at. The girl had a glare you wouldn't believe! Sorry...everyone else along the way has been very patient. This city is definitely impatient! We called ahead to make a reservation with this KOA. They said in broken English "No Refund"...I told Mark...no one has said that before...should we be worried. Well, as we pull into the KOA...its next to the freeway and runs along the Train station. I thought we wouldn't get any sleep. But we did. It was fine. I got another cheap icky latte at the gas station. I can't wait until Flagstaff...I am hoping they have a Starbuck's...please....its been over a week!!!! $41.00 at this KOA

2 comments:

  1. Excuse my laugh! Mexican food too hot. Train & freeway sure explains the 'no refund' policy. Reminds me of the Mertz's and the Recardos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! What did Mark do to deserve the "bird?" hahaha

    ReplyDelete