Saturday, February 14, 2009

My 1st Quilted Quilt


#16 This is my 1st REAL quilt! This quilt is made with one jelly roll of Moda fabric. I added Moda pink and brown polka dot fabric around the edges. I will bind it with the same pink and brown fabric. The quilt has light pink "minky" on the back. It is so soft! I love it! It is a blanket you just want to snuggle up with. I can't even tell you how excited I am with the quilting....it was machine quilted by a quilt and fabric store in St.George. This quilt reminds me of a quilt made by my grandmother, Danny. It was a quilt made for me...hand stitched by her. I grew up with this "blankie" from the time I was very little. It was truly a treasure to me.

4 comments:

  1. The picture doesn't even begin to show how beautiful it really is--great job Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, your own blankie for watching tv under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I have decided that I want the fabric you gave me to be a quilt like this.

    ReplyDelete