My sister Denise called the other day to see if I had gotten my "pedometer". She said you need to walk 10,000 steps a day to be healthy. She has been my exercise buddy for almost a year now. I ride my recumbent bike 30-45 minutes everyday. Its now a habit. Ron told me years ago...it will become a habit...I love him for that! I never thought I would make exercise a habit. Alli has now gotten a pedometer (she says it pushes her to walk more). I will be gone for about 2 weeks..but I will start walking when I get back. I had to get three quilts in to be "quilted". I finished them in 36 hours.....whew!
Today on Oprah a lady was interviewed who had watched Dr. Oz on her show a year ago. He had mentioned once you get over a certain weight.....he usually meets those people when he is cutting open their chests for an emergency heart bypass. He said you can reverse the heart damage if you will start walking...or just get moving...well this lady weighed over 300 lbs. She has lost 142 pounds just by walking for one year now. No gym, no special food, no diet pills...just walking! I guess two or three ladies at Nate's work have lost half their weight just by walking 2 hours a day. One hour on their lunch hour. One hour before or after work. One has lost 120 pounds. Half her weight. I applaud her. I just want to get walking!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great info! I walk from my car to where ever I've driven, or the golf cart to the green. I know I should walk more. Interesting thought, have a dr cut open your chest before doing something about your health. We all need motivation of some kind, I reckon. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI just need to remember to put the darn pedometer on me in the morning!
ReplyDelete