Sunday, October 18, 2009
Kent Lindquist comes for another Golf Marathon
Well, Kent arrived Friday. Mark and Kent golfed 18 holes at Sun River Friday. They golfed at the St.George golf course and Southgate (18 holes at each)on Saturday. Mark told Kent he had church on Sunday and couldn't golf. They will golf 18 holes at the Ledges and Sunbrook onMonday. Kent wanted to take us to dinner in Springdale, Ut today. The really good restaurants do not serve dinner until 5:00 p.m. So...we had lunch at "The Soliel" hangout. On the way back to Washington I learned that Kent had asked to have his name taken off the LDS records...it was quite interesting to listen to him. He grew up with Mark on the avenues. Mark went on an LDS mission. Kent married one of Paul H. Dunn's relatives (Diane) in the LDS Temple. They had 4 children. While Mark was on his mission..Kent was getting his Master's. While we ate lunch he started talking about where did the world start...where did human life start, etc. I could tell Mark was uncomfortable talking about "this stuff"...but I could tell Kent wanted to talk about his view. I mentioned I believe in the afterlife. I learned this as a Methodist. Kent's first wife was a little interesting I guess. They divorced. Kent remarried in the late 80's. He and his wife have 2 children. These are the only kids he has any contact with. I told him how I feel about my birth father not knowing that he had a great daughter.."me" and that he didn't know that I was/and am a good person..a Christian...a good neighbor...etc. I asked him if he ever thought about how his "first" 4 kids turned out......??? I just wanted him to think about the other side....a kid now 59 years old still wishing she had a birth father that would have called or sent a birthday card way back when.....she was little...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So true, there's always the other side of the story. Tell Mark I'll keep him to only 18 holes in one day :-) And, I'll help him look good.
ReplyDeleteI know our dad realized we were good people. Just wish we could have had a better relationship with him.
ReplyDelete