Thursday, November 26, 2009
Thanksgiving
Today Mark and I celebrated Thanksgiving together. Yes just the two of us. We had planned to have all the kids meet here....I felt like maybe it wasn't such a great idea when the media and its hoopla were discussing the H1N1 flu....crowds and groups shouldn't spread the germs, etc. People were going to the doctor with colds, sniffles, etc. afraid they had the H1N1.....yes SOME people actually had it but.....based on the numbers I have seen so far..it has been no worse than the regular flu. The girls said its fun to come here in the summer because of the pool...more room to spread out our crew. The winter is a little more challenging....all of us crowded in the house. I put our 22 pound turkey in the oven Wednesday night about 10:00 p.m. in a roasting bag/pan at 250 degrees. Well at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday..the turkey was done. Mark got the potatoes ready to boil. I mixed up the rolls. I made home made cranberry sauce (Denise told me about this a few years ago). I made Mark's mother's dressing. I made gravy. Mark made the green bean casserole. I bought 2 Marie Callender pies. Only one had to be baked...the pumpkin one. The pecan one we just thawed in the frig. We ate at 9:00 a.m. The kitchen was cleaned up by 10:00 a.m. Hmmmmmmmmm. Mark watched football....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment