Saturday, September 18, 2010
Ward Party
Mark and I went to the ward party today up the canyon in Pine Valley, UT. My "friend" Kathleen called to see if she and her husband Brent could pick us up and go together. Kathleen called me yesterday morning to see if she could make an extra large salad so I wouldn't have to "stand" and make something to take. Mark had actually cut up a watermelon and cantaloupe to take. That was so nice of her to call and ask. Brent and Kathleen are about our age. They stopped by our house a couple months ago and invited us to dinner at their home. They are really nice down to earth people. At first I thought maybe my "friend/knee coach", the relief society president had asked her to be my visiting teacher. I had already told her I DID NOT want visiting teachers when we first met. Anyway, Kathleen and I have just "clicked". I am not sure why because she is truly an athlete. She has a group of friends that lived by each other for 25 plus years that used to exercise 5 times a week. Wow! Now they meet once a year and ride 25-30 mile bike trips, river raft, etc. She rides her bike everywhere. More than Ron, my brother in law. As we were driving up the canyon the car buzzer kept buzzing. I said "Hey Kathleen" I think its because you don't have your seat belt on. She said "oh it goes off eventually". She said she doesn't like seat belts. Oh......I start imagining if we got in a car accident....I guess I am truly a control person. I was stressed the whole way up and down the canyon. One hour each way. I know...I need to not think about seat belts.....okay....I will let it go.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you had a good time. Crazy about not wearing a seatbelt!
ReplyDeleteCarol said exactly what I was gonna say, honest :-) except, if she rides with you, prepare yourself ahead of time on how you going to deal with her not wanting to wear a seat belt. Or not.
ReplyDelete