Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Darlene's Great Great Grandchild
We heard some sad news today. Darlene's son Keith has a daughter Lanea (the red headed kids). She had a baby 5 months ago. The baby died today, the result of physical abuse at the hands of the baby's father. Darlene said its probably a blessing in disguise as the baby had suffered for some time with the abuse. (Extended family was not aware of this). It looks like the baby had suffered brain damage, etc. The baby had been in the hospital for some time. The father has been arrested and is now in jail. Darlene has had a rough few years now. Jerry just had a 5 by-pass surgery (just about two or three months ago) & is now waiting to get strong enough to treat his colon cancer. I talked to she and Jerry a few days ago. Jerry sounded great for what he's going through. Darlene sounded pretty exhausted. I am sure she would appreciate a short note or call. I have her address/phone if anyone is interested. If anyone suspects abuse please don't be afraid to call extended family or the police. It may have saved this sweet baby's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hearing about this sort of thing just makes me sick to my stomach. That poor little, innocent baby.
ReplyDeleteThis is awful! Poor baby.
ReplyDeleteYuck. We sure live in an ugly world sometimes. I can't print what I think is appropriate penalty for the dad...and it's not years in prison at tax payers' expense, either. But, I believe in the scriptures, that those who harm the innocent children will meet unimaginable punishment.
ReplyDelete