Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Exercise

Well, my sister Denise and I started our exercising routine on Sept.15th, 2008. We both started with 30 minutes each day. On Sept. 30th, Denise and I went up to 40 minutes per day. Well, Denise read an article online that said if someone exercises 45 minutes a day, 352 days a year you should lose 30 pounds per year without changing your diet. So....on October 3rd, 2008 we both committed to 45 minutes per day. We both decided to REALLY eat healthy. Denise has always eaten healthy. I think she said that just to encourage me. She has an ecliptical machine. She just barely had a BIG screen TV installed in her exercise room. I have a 13" TV, at least its in Color. It could be worse. Does anyone still have a Black & White TV. Some of you have probably never heard of a B & W. Anyway, I have a recumbent bike. Its a little squishy in the guest bedroom. But it works! We email each day to confirm our workout. I told her she is probably saving my life, literally. I have high cholestorol, etc. I should have been exercising the last 40 years......whatever! I have to say it has been the best thing I have done for myself in years! Carol, my other sister I went to an Expo "What Women Want" on Friday. Afterwards I said to Carol...we have been here 3 hours and my knees don't hurt. I know its the exercise! And I was walking without pain! My daughters have been exercising off and on for the last few years..if they can do it..I can too! I say find a buddy and start doing something for YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you guys! It is so hard to exercise like that everyday. Seriously.............. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! Results with less pain in your knees has to be rewarding.
    Is there a drink holder on your bike so you can do milk and cookies while you ride?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ron--"milk and cookies"! You're as bad as Big K! I've done the bike thing two days now. Is that enough? :o) The WHAT WOMEN WANT convention was so fun! It would be great to have our girls come up next year for that event.

    ReplyDelete