I didn't see the Tom Tom case...it got smashed when we pushed the button to open the slide out...at least the Tom Tom wasn't in it. I am getting a little sick of McDonald's Lattes. They are more expensive than Starbuck's....but back here you can't find any Starbuck's. I met a lady today who ordered 35 sausage McMuffins. She has a Church group of kids she's traveling with. She is so cute with her southern drawl. Mark is losing patience with me..I have never been able to read a map. He brought this huge ATLAS with him....well, I can't see the little words....I just laugh...I say well, pull over if you want to read this. You brought the atlas. I brought the Tom Tom. We will use the Tom Tom until we stop. He can read it then.
Nashville, we are staying at a Good Sam Campground. $39.00. Mark's friend Gary text's us every few hours to see where we are. He even wrote a song for us. It has to do with the RV breakdown.
I keep thinking about Carol's story about the woman that went through an RV windshield and her husband drove over her and killed her. I hurry to the seat belt after using the bathroom. On the road again, can't wait to get on the road again. Tennessee has great roads...Utah has so many potholes. Its really a pleasant drive. It's Tuesday and we are heading to Little Rock Ark. Gas has been $1.45 for most of the trip. Its $1.79 here in Nashville. We crossed the Mississippi River today. We can see corn fields for miles. We can see cotton fields for miles as wells.
In the south you see a lot of religious signs on the roads. "If you died today where will you be in eternity"."Heaven or Hell, the choice is yours". In Little Rock we saw one where Bill C. lived, "Don't commit adultery-you should be ashamed". We are heading to Oklahoma City, OK. They have signs that say "$1000.00 fine for littering", "Call in people who litter #------------". We stopped in Ft. Smith, OK. Gas is $1.65. KOA is $33.00. We drove almost 700 miles today. It was easy..the weather is great.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm laughing again. . . you can't read a map! Willy Nelson's song, On the Road Again comes to mind.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I told you the story about the woman and the windshield--but, I'm glad you're buckling up. I hate helping Ron with directions cuz he has no patience with me, either.
ReplyDelete