
We had to pull off at Cookeville, TN. The RV is chugging and losing power. We feel lucky to have made it to a city to pull off and call someone. We made a call to FORD (Ford's customer roadside assistance program). Well, after 2 1/2 hours and 5 phone calls to the 1-800 FORD'S number we have decided to bag the tow truck. Each time we called FORD to see what or who was coming to help us....no one had any record of our calls. We gave the 5 names and they didn't know who we had talked to. Hmmmm...no wondering they are filing for BK. I remember having my Toyota towed once because the dealership forgot to screw the gas plate under the carriage tight. The gas leaked out and my car died. The guy who had towed cars for 15 years had NEVER towed a Toyota. Hmmmm....Anyway, we drove on to Nashville, TN. Terrential rain. I have NEVER seen rain like this. Trucks were turned on their sides, trailers jackknifed. I never want to drive in rain again like that. Mark did talk to a car mechanic that said the FORD 450's have always had a problem with their air filters. The folds stick together and block the air from going through them. This happens when it really rains hard. Wow, that's really reassuring to have a FORD 450 chassis. We drove 90 miles to Nashville hoping we wouldn't breakdown again.
We stopped in Nashville, TN. for dinner. They asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking....I can't remember the last time I have eaten in a restaurant that asked this. We went to the Opryland Hotel/Gaylor Hotel. We ate dinner there and shopped at a very quaint "dog" store.I bought two pillows that have Shih Tzu written on them with dog pictures for the couch in the RV. Heidi couldn't stop laughing "you know you are getting older if you buy pillows with dogs on them"! We laughed and laughed. I put them on my couch in the RV.

I started laughing when I saw the picture of the pillows--ditto what Heidi said. :o)
ReplyDeleteI got the giggles all over again! Should I call Betty Mcinelly (sp?) and see if she has any hummels for you? Ha ha ha!
ReplyDelete