Monday, November 24, 2008

RV Dealership

Well, we arrived right on schedule for the 2 hours of RV training. We were introduced to "Gary" the trainer. We also met the Sales Manager "Ron".....hmmm If I had met him first...I probably wouldn't have flown back here to buy the RV. That's another story... Well, Gary started the training, he walks you around the entire vehicle. He shows you the engine....as if we need to know everything about that....he walks you around every inch of the outside. He shows and demonstrates how the storage opens, locks, etc. He then starts with the electrical outlets, gas lines, water heater stuff, water.....whether its city water, country water, stream water, out of a 55 gallon tank. I thought we would just get in and drive....NO NO NO...you have to see the training! When you check the tires....wow, you need to use the air hose to blow out dust and/or spiders to keep the air vents/plumbing vents clean. Of course there is gray water, black water, fresh water....there's a battery button...there's a water pump...there's a heat pump...there's three fans...heaven forbid you forget to close those cranked up puppies! Then of course there's the poopie tubes. YOU MUST use rubber gloves....of course this is Mark's job. There's a "Control Center" inside the RV to tell you the levels of battery juice, gray water, black water & fresh water. It tells you if you need to add or remove whichever the case may be. Now...we have three slide outs....the guy explains once you push those in/out buttons those "slide outs" keep moving whether there's a tree or post. I realize now..why did we want "slide outs"...I don't even want to push the buttons out of fear. Of course he said don't forget to close the "slide outs" before you start to drive off....wow...he said watch out for trees...they tear off many an RV roof...I am now so stressed out....I am wondering what did we get ourselves into. Can we back out??? Like I said before...I thought you just got in and started driving the RV....I couldn't stop hyper-ventilating for 2 or 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment