Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Registering the RV

Well, today was quite the day! As of October, 2008 this year all Utah gov't employees work 4-10 hour days. They are open Monday through Thursday. Closed on Friday. Well, I really hate it when you walk in those buildings and they have a person reading a book...they ask you what are you here for? They are the lucky employee who gets to hand you a NUMBER....in between chapters. She hands me a number and says take a seat. Hmmmmm...I already hate this place. Our tax dollars are paying someone to read a book. Anyway....the place has about 200 chairs I guess....1/3 are full. Two SLOW clerks are helping people. Another employee who doesn't have a "Light ON" for service is busy chitty chatting on the phone. If she was on a break wouldn't she want the lunch room? The lady, Cathy is busy talking to a friend about how she has had her hours cut to 25 hours. She mentioned everyone here really likes her so...she is hoping to get another 5 hours added to her weekly allotment of 25. She needs to work 30 hours to get her "benefits" and make ends meet. She's explaining to the friend about how short handed and busy the center is....hmmmm. The guy next to me says under his breath....they wonder why people go postal in these places! He said he had to get back to work. I said this was my second time to come back here in an hour. The first time I was told I needed to bring the RV to Hurricane or get a police officer to verify the VIN# on the RV. So I called The Washington City Dispatch...I got an appt. with a police officer in 10 minutes at the storage facility. He had to fill in and verify and sign the VIN# Verif. form. He was a Hottie Cop! Young and so dang cute! He signed it and I was on my way back to the Hurricane Tax Comm. office. I was holding my breath that I wouldn't get the 25 hour lazy clerk......well she had her sign on and I got stuck with Cathy. She took one look at the VIN Verif. form and said we can't use this. Its not acceptable. I can't tell the 5 from the s. Oh great I thought...she storms into ask her supervisor if she can use it...NO WE CAN'T!!!! I said but the police officer filled it out and signed it. I have to call another police officer to come and fill out another one??? You have got to be kidding. She was so rude! So I call the Washington City Police Dispatch AGAIN....I explain it...bla.bla.bla...she sends the police officer back to the storage unit place AGAIN. He asked me what her name was....he said she was being a witch...I said she was being a bitch and I am going to file a complaint. He said I should. He was so sorry I had to come back and have him fill out another one. I took it back to Hurricane..it is now my third time back there. The RV is officially registered and I had to pay $4600.00 in sales tax. That's not fun.

3 comments:

  1. Over all the years that I've had to go to DMV, there has probably only been once or twice that the experience hasn't been frustrating and had horribly long waits. At least you had a good "view" when the cop showed up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh. A real life experience like Steve Martin's in Planes, Trains and Autombiles with the rent-car lady at the airport, but with DMV thrown in. Sure you weren't in Colorado City DMV? ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a terrible day. I hate going to the DMV. The good thing is you are all done.

    ReplyDelete