Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shane Houskeeper died on Wed. Nov.26, 2008

I never disclose who I do Mortgages for....I never talk about income, assets or jobs or ANYTHING of my clients. I saw the obituaries tonight and noticed Shane's name at the top of them. My friend, Shane took his own life on Wednesday night, the night before Thanksgiving. He was married to one of my former employees, Sharon. I have done several loans over the years for Shane and Sharon. Sharon and I became good friends over the years. She was my right hand for a few years when I was crazy busy.....They divorced about 4 years ago. Shane and Sharon call me several times each year for help in money making decisions. I called Sharon tonight to make sure she had heard. She loved him once...but alcohol became his demon. I think Kerby and all of my girls will remember him. They have each worked on files for him. I feel sorry for his two kids. He has a son about 18 and a daughter 16. He lost his job a few months ago at Nextel. I think that probably pushed him over the edge. He had quite the anger when he would drink. Unfortunately, he blamed his unhappiness on everyone around him. I am just sick for his children. They will never be the same after losing their Dad to Suicide. Suicide is so selfish and cowardly. I hope he finds happiness in Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. It is so sad for his children. I feel bad for the depth of sadness he must have felt to resort to ending his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad, and hard to know those involved.

    ReplyDelete