Monday, January 26, 2009

"59" years ago

Well, today is my birthday..I was born at 5:36 a.m. in Glendale, CA. My mother was just barely 20, my birth father 22. My sister Denise was 17 months old. I don't remember ever talking to my Mother about how long she was in labor with me. I wonder who took care of Denise while she stayed in the hospital. I think back in those days the doctors would totally sedate the mothers..they would wake up after the delivery to see what they had...wow...we have come a long way. I had a c-section with Heidi and I was awake the whole time. I wonder how she felt the first time she held me. I wonder how my birth father felt when he held me the first time. He was a kind, soft spoken man. My Mother was different in her younger years. She was happy. She was beautiful. She loved life. She could roller skate & ice skate. We would barbeque bass on the beach with friends. Yes, my Mother had lots of friends. She could water ski like no other person. We grew up with ski boats. I guess this is why I love boats and the water. I only wish my grandmother had treated my Mom better. She was a mean woman...my Mom deserved better. She took the life out of her daughter. When my grandmother died....only one family went to her funeral. My sister Denise & family. Denise sent flowers to the funeral home. I remember going to my grandfathers funeral in Texas. I didn't go for the funeral. I went to see all my sisters together. We laughed and had a great time together. I remember Nana saying to someone...I don't think Linda wants to talk to me. She was right. I hated her. I hated how she had treated me, my mother and sisters throughout our lives. I know my Mom is in heaven looking down and is very proud how her posterity has turned out! I remember when she died..my son-in-law Nate said to me with a smile "I bet Erma is up in Heaven right now telling God how to run things"..I loved that saying! Thanks for giving birth to me Mom!

6 comments:

  1. I think that as time goes by, the anger/frustration I felt with our mom is slowly going away. She was nicer all those years ago and she really was beautiful. I don't remember going out on boats much, but I'm sooooo much younger than you it was probably before my time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It's nice to read about about things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mom! You are the Best Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Linda! Thanks for sharing Alli with us. Hope to see you soon.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang on to those good memories. Deep thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Mom!! I hope you had a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete