Well, I have been exercising almost 4 months come the 15Th of January with my sister Denise in Texas. We email each other everyday. It's nice to keep in touch with her. I see my sister Carol more than my other sisters. She visits up here on some weekends. Carol and I have always been close. We literally laugh all the time when we are together. We can find humor in just about everything.
I have another sister Susan...we talk or email occasionally. Its nice to hear from all of my sisters.Well, back to Carol. We have both been trying to get our svelte bodies back. Believe it or not I weighed about 110 lbs. when I graduated from high school. This is what I weighed when I married Mark. Carol & I would love it if we could wear some of our old "hippie" dresses. The gauze shirts & skirts blowing in the wind. Of course we would wear bracelets & necklaces, earrings, etc. with our outfits! I am going to try talk her into doing a DIET with me again! Or anyone else out there that's interested. I went Monday the January 5Th, 2009 to see a Doctor/Nurse/P.A. & Dietitian/Nutritionist Group. My cholestorol is finally under control. At least a month ago after reviewing blood tests. I have been on medication for it for at least 25-30 years. I am embarrassed to say that I was too BUSY to exercise when I was caught up in owning my own business. I didn't set my priorities right. My numbers are better because I am exercising. I am really watching what food I eat. My daughter Camille has taught me about "stuff" in boxes, bags, cans, etc. Trans fat is not the only thing you have to watch out for. I was eating weight watchers bars when I was on that diet. Camille showed me what the ingredients are that WILL raise my cholestorol. When I was on Weight Watchers my cholestorol WENT UP!I have been reading books about nutritian. Basically anything that you can pick, plant, pull or catch in water is the best for you. I can't eat anything in a box (most have hydrogenated fat). I have to watch cans for the amount of sodium in them. When I met with my "knee doctor" in Park City, he told me to read the "China Study". He said Doctors are too quick to prescribe medicine for high blood pressure & high cholestorol, etc. If we would eat healthy, maintain a healthy weight & exercise regularly most would not need the medication. I am living proof of his theory. I am hoping if I get this weight off I won't need medication for cholestorol.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I need to get in the "Zone" again, but it seems like I just can't get there. Maybe watching you melt away the pounds will get me motivated.
ReplyDeleteI need to pick up a few of your healthy habits! You are doing great, Mom!
ReplyDelete