Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Losing Weight

This is the scale I weigh on each day.....
#12 If you count these cans.......this is how much I have lost in the last 5 weeks. Yes, I have lost 17 pounds. I can't imagine carrying 17 cans weighing 1 pound each around everyday! My sister's friend lost about 45-50 pounds and she said she was glad "she didn't have to carry THAT 1st grader around anymore". The only thing I could think of today were these cans of beans. I hope I can lose a 1st grader.....I wouldn't be tired or out of breath all the time! Plus my arthritis should improve....I will have less aches and pains.....wow...I can't face getting both knees replaced either. My biggest fear is getting Diabetes. I fear having a stroke or heart attack.....I would like my daughters, son in laws and grandchildren to remember me as a thinner person...not a chubby wubby....I would like to live longer....I want my sister Carol to start exercising with me. I want her to lose weight with me. Carol, I will buy both of us a gauze skirt for the reunion....are you with me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can do as well as you've been doing, but I'm willing to try. Wait, let me eat that apple fritter first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a way to put it into perspective. Congrats!!
    Ah, what color guaze skirts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you put all the beans out like that it really puts things in perspective. Way to go Mom!! That is a lot of hard work!!

    ReplyDelete