I was watching Channel 2 today when I heard the most interesting story. They quoted the Salt Lake Tribune Newspaper. I looked up the article online at sltrib.com. I typed in Harvard Pornography Study. I printed out the article. The reason this news article was so interesting to me is because years ago I had an employee who was hooked on porn via the Internet. (I did not know until another employee told me to go and search where this employee had been viewing online-he suspected he was viewing porn ). Yes, I was paying this employee for a job I expected him to do...well I was horrified to see I was paying him via a salary...to view his porn. When confronted he admitted to the porn viewing. I basically attacked him by saying "you stole from us"...a salary for using your selfish porn needs! He was fired, obviously. Because of privacy issues..I couldn't call his Church Official and tell him that they shouldn't have this individual working with the Youth in his Organization. I am sure he NEVER told his wife.
Well, back to this article...Utah is No.1-for online pornography consumption! I quote "Pamela Atkinson" head of the Utah Coalition Against Pornography, she said Utah is ranked second in Google searches for "hot sex" and "naughty". "Benjamin Edelman", I quote said, another possibility for Utah's top porn billing may be the scarcity of adult entertainment outside the home. Utah residents who seek such material may have to get it online.The study used data from anonymous credit cards from a top-10 Internet porn provider that operates hundreds of Web sites offering a wide variety of adult entertainment. Utah has the nation's highest online porn subscription rate per thousand home broadband users, at 5.47. We are rated #1 in "Crooked Valley" (it used to be called "Happy Valley") for Appraisal & Mortgage Fraud. I do not live there, by the way. Wow....we need to clean up our image..................
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! I guess this is why Ron and I like UT! :o) Just kidding! That seems so impossible to have UT way up there in the porn searching. Of course, I wonder what else you pulled up when you went searching for "Pornography." LOL
ReplyDeleteI actually heard them talking about this on the radio this morning. I had friends that would come here to Vegas (or go other places) to get their porn. You can't even order porn to be shipped to any address in Utah...probably another reason of why Utah is #1 for internet porn!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSoooo....like my mom asked...what else came up when you searched for porn on the internet?? by chance, do you think it helped Utah in the ranking of #1?
In my naive world I assumed "most" of UT residents were a notch above the rest of the country with these statitics and crime. But I'm thinking since the young men can't "sin" they need to look and see what they're missing?
ReplyDeleteAnd, Yea, did your research ad to those internet search stats?