Here are a few tidbits I learned today from The Marriott...construction is almost complete...we will still see some of the last details being finished the girl said on the phone.
Villa Kitchens: The Marriott provides UNLIMITED liquid soap for dishes & dishwasher soap.
The kitchens have dishes, glasses, pans, silverware, etc.
There is a stove/oven and a microwave. (don't forget your popcorn)
Washer/Dryer in EACH Villa: The Marriott provides enough soap for ONE load only.
You might want to bring MORE soap & dryer sheets, etc.
Iron & Ironing Board in EACH Villa.
I called Allison and she said it gets a little cold at night...sometimes..everyone might want to bring a sweater or light jacket.
Some things you might want to bring:
A blanket or quilt for the beach. I am going to use the Hotel's towels for the Beach & Pool.
You might want to throw in some folding chairs if you want them. Yes, I am dragging some....for Mark & I to sit on at the beach (the ugly ones that come in a bag to throw over your shoulder). If you have some umbrellas you might want to bring them....some sun is fun but not ALL DAY!
Carol & Ron are bringing some canopy like deals....to help shield us from the sun.
My crew will be making sandwiches to take to Disneyland or the Beach everyday. We all have collapsible coolers with wheels. Costco sells them for about $20.00.....WORTH IT!!!!! Let's all bring our lunch and just hang out....
Some are going to Disneyland.....some might go golfing....ask Mark for details on Golf.
Bring lots & lots of SUNBLOCK.....and lots of water!
We are all really getting excited now. See you all there! Check in time is 4:00 p.m. and check out time is 10:00 a.m.
****"Sprinkles" cupcakes, I think they started in Newport Beach...Of course I will be picking up LOTS and LOTS of them up....if anyone wants to order some let me know. Yes, they cost $36.00 for a dozen.....I believe they are the best in the world! I will have to go 2 or 3 different days...you can only get certain flavors certain days....you will want to call and order ahead of time (they run out of some favorites FAST....it ALWAYS has a LONG line.....order online sprinklescupcakes. com or call ahead at 888-220-2210..we would want to pick up at the Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar store located @ 944 Avocado Avenue. Just south of Fashion Island.
One more tidbit: if we drive to different beaches it costs $10.00 per car. We can take turns paying and squish in fewer cars???? You can take the shuttle to Crystal Cove... The Marriott lady said you could walk the 1/2 mile...the papers say it is 1 full mile to walk....I am not sure I want to walk pulling my cooler on wheels, my towels, my beach toys, my hats, goggles, my comfy new lawn chairs in a bag, etc. Anyway....Allison said the Corona Del Mar Beach is the MOST BEAUTIFUL and not as rocky as Crystal Cove....I think we will be going to that beach...John & Alli live there...they know the BEST beaches for families....
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for all the info!
ReplyDeleteDish and laundry soap? Ironing board? I thought we got the delux rooms with maid and valet service?! Geesh. Gotta laugh at the vision of you toting and pulling all that stuff back from the beach! Glad Alli knows what beach to use.
ReplyDeleteHow many villas?
ReplyDeleteIf we'd only scouted out the beach first. Ha. It was a very nice place and was great to see everyone again... especially, see Stacie with my own eyes and see she's doing so well!!!
ReplyDeleteI WANT TO GO BACK!!!
ReplyDelete♥MADDIE