Sunday, November 22, 2009

Honda CRV 2009

We had to buy a Honda CRV so we can pull it behind the motorhome. It's amazing how much cars have gone up in price. It took almost 3 weeks for the dealership to find "the one" we wanted. It's the first car that we have purchased with "chrome" wheels. John and Kerby always told me to get chrome wheels...I wanted them on my Sequoia, too expensive. I have drooled over chrome wheels for 5 years now. So....this car has them. In St. George most people have moved from California...where most people are "green" advocates. They want to use less water,
electricity, gas, etc. Most people here have small cars. Of course the Polygamists all have trucks and large cars. So do people in construction. Anyway having lived here for awhile...I wanted to downsize my car...I remember in 1968 when I graduated from high school a Volkswagon Beetle cost about $1800.00 brand new....wow have prices gone up. I want to know what I paid for this car in 20 years....if I am still alive. We paid $37,112.95 (Sept. 2009). Wow...how things have changed!
This is the license plate I ordered for my car...YFG...."your favorite grandma".....most of the grandkids know what these initials stand for! I always end their text's or cards with Love, YFG!
I ordered this license plate cover for me and the one below for Mark! Notice the "paw prints"!


Mark's has a golf club wrapped around the license plate on his Honda S2000! Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. It's a nice car! Car prices are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool plates... I've always avoided personalized plates in NV 'cause they want too much for them and we already pay too much.

    ReplyDelete