Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hurricane Family Clinic

Today, Mark and I drove out to Hurricane, UT. to visit a new clinic. Mark has had some pain in his groin....he met with a Dr. Walter Ogden. He is a family practitioner. He had a practice in Southern California for 35 years and then retired here in Hurricane, UT. Well, he said he got bored with retirement and decided to go back to work at this clinic. Dr. Mel Carter started this clinic about 25 years ago. I saw something on YouTube. He said he moved his family to this small town of 2500 people called Hurricane, UT. His first day he had 40 patients....he said he has never looked back! He loves it here!
Well, Mark has a hernia. He has to meet with a general surgeon on November 30th. The doctor told him "at our age...we all have some degree of heart disease".....so he took alot of blood samples....he will start him on some statins as soon as he gets the results back. We have to schedule this surgery around "GOLF", of course!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Look at what I learn reading your blog!! I've had two hernia surgeries, no big deal. Ha I'll carry his golf bag for him from now on............

    ReplyDelete