Some STUFF we should save.
Mark and I were talking the other day about SAVING STUFF. We have a small house and this means we MUST part with some of our STUFF! I told him I still regret not having the money for my own wedding dress. I know none of my girl's would have worn it but.....I still regret this. I still feel bad that we didn't have the money to buy each of our girl's their own blessing/christening dress. I made it a point to buy each of our grand daughter's a dress to show their daughter's. Aspen is the only one I didn't buy one for. Camille didn't call me back to go and choose one. Then it was too late. She borrowed one.
I remember when I was little I had a "Cross" necklace. I joined the LDS Church and "they said you can't wear crosses. I threw it out. I thought at the time this was the right thing to do. I had a childhood Bible....you know the one where it has all your markings from "Bible School". Mark said it wasn't the "right" kind of Bible.....hmmmm. I threw it out. I thought it was the right thing to do. I still regret to this day that I don't have my Cross and my Bible.
When Mark and I got engaged and were planning the "Temple Marriage" I still regret a few things. I was the first daughter, granddaughter, and niece to get married in our mostly NON-LDS family. I wanted a civil ceremony so ALL my family could attend. Then the "Temple Marriage". I was quite timid them. I was told by Mark's sisters (not Linda) and Mother & Father that this would ruin out Temple Marriage. I thought it was the right thing to do. I will always regret this!
I think Heidi would add right now "and you are not bitter"! Laugh!
Of course, for the last 25 years maybe 30 I have been considered "Inactive"! Imagine this! I am quoting a speaker from Camille's college graduation: "Do what is right for you and you will always be happy". Jane Clayson-Johnson May 1ST, 2004. She is from Utah and used to Co-Anchor with Bryant Gumble.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I still have my little white bible from when I was younger. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but some things are still hidden away because they are special to me.
ReplyDeleteWe all have regrets, and, unfortunately, can't change the past... I regret selling my '68 Mustang.
ReplyDeleteDon't regret what you've done or gotten rid of. At least they are part of your memories...they are material possesions. There's a lot I would change of how I've handled things or done things in the past, but I try not to regret anything. Everything that has happened made you who you are today...and we all love you!! :)
ReplyDelete