This is some info from the Today Show. A Dietitian/Nutritionist explained some interesting things about why we are becoming fat Americans. The cows/beef we eat (if it's not grass fed) is injected with hormones/steroids to grow and fatten up quickly. The faster they grow the faster the farmers make a profit. And a huge one at that. Guess what...those hormones and steroids are in the beef we eat. They don't go away. These cause cancer, heart disease and whatever else...they also cause weight gain. I know most of us are eating less red meat but.....some of our meat is being imported from china. Check the packages. I don't know about you but I will not eat meat from China. Just FYI.
Another tidbit....checkout the BPA in cans. You know that tuna that we think is heathy...cans are lined with a plastic (BPA) material. The BPA is fattening and dangerous. They suggested we buy tuna in pouches not cans.
Most of us know now NOT to buy milk that doesn't state "no growth hormones". Most milk at Walmart HAS hormones.
The chicken/turkey we purchase could have hormones/steroids injected as well. The quicker they fatten up the quicker the chicken growers make money. We are ingesting the hormones and steroids. Read the package.
Here is the last tidbit. They explained another reason people are getting fat is from fat free and sugar free food. Some Americans are fatter than ever....more so after fat and sugar free foods were introduced. These foods and liquids effect our hormones. They SLOW our metabolism. They trick our brain. We EAT MORE! If it says DIET, don't eat it. Look at the first three letters of DIET. I still have a diet coke with lime every once in a while. I love prime rib and filet mignon. I will tell you this....I will think twice about ordering these from now on....Just FYI
We as Americans MUST take charge of what we are eating or......our health is in jeopardy. Just FYI.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Beef from China? Plastic lined tuna cans? Good to know.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading this, I need a hydrogenated chocolate chip cookie just to ease my tension. :)
ReplyDelete