Thursday, June 24, 2010

Deposit and "Walker"

Well the hospital called for the upfront "fee" of $500.00. I don't think that's really all that much considering the cost of $25K for each knee. Sean or Shawn the Social Worker called to make sure I have someone to be my "caregiver" or if I needed to stay at a rehab center for 5-6 days . Sean or Shawn is lining up a "walker" and the CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) machine that I will need to keep the new knee moving. He lines up the nurse and the physical therapy person to come to my house 3 times a week. The walker and CPM will be delivered to our house. I am just glad my surgery is early and not late in the afternoon! I also have to bring my "Will" & "Durable Power of Attorney" for any medical emergency.....okay! It's ready to take!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I paid $600 for my first car! That must be some walker.

    ReplyDelete