Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Inside Of Linda's Bionic Knees

Posted by Carol--Linda went to the doctor today for her follow-up visit after getting her SECOND "bionic" knee. These are the pictures she sent me from the doctor's office of a knee implant thingy/device. I guess she wanted me to get a really good visual of what she looks like on the inside now that those arthritic bone-on-bone knees are gone. Wow! That is one huge implant! I went looking for actual knee replacement surgery photos, but got so grossed out and light-headed I couldn't even put one on here to show everybody what Linda has gone through. Just know that there was a lot of drilling, hammering and sawing going on. I am now forced to idolize my sister even more for going through all of this just so she can shop for longer periods of time with her daughters and me. (Can you believe she still trusts me to get on her blog and post stuff for her?)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The miracles of medical technology, kinda makes one imagine what all they can make implants for. . . . . you know, Super-Atheletes, get your mind outta the gutter.

    ReplyDelete