Monday, October 11, 2010
My Pet Peeve
Mark and I went to the Tuacahn Theater Saturday night. We went to dinner at The Gun Barrel and then headed to the show "Crazy for you". Upon leaving we headed to our car which Mark parked next to this huge Ford Excursion. As I walked up to get in I heard one of the Excursion's car doors hit my car. Its 11:00 P.M. and I am tired. I was ready to leave the show at 9:30 (we came with another couple) so this was impossible. I got in and said to Mark I think they hit our car with their door. Anyone who knows me knows I am a fanatic with my cars. I park away from cars...I wash it every Friday...etc. Whatever...my knees were killing me from sitting for 4 hours.....I didn't get out to look at the car. I should have! I get up Sunday and go out and look..sure enough two gouges.....Mark tries to "rub" them out. It sort of worked. Anyway, a few days before I had my knees done in June, Mark came home from Golfing or Church with a "gouge" on the passenger's side. This was a slice or cut of some sort. Needless to say I headed to a Paint and Body shop today to get a bid. They can buff the 2 spots out. They removed a section on the door and will repair and paint it and replace it in a few days (2 days) and buff the Excursion bruises. I hate it when people hit your door with a basket or door and don't leave a note. I am not sure what I would have said to the Excursion people. I really don't want to be confrontational. I am just mad at myself I didn't stop and check out the door when it happened. Oh well, it's just money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yea, don't know what makes you more upset, the other car's door hitting yours or you not getting out at the time and looking. Naw, Mark would have had to defend your honor, gotten into a fight and the cops would have come, you wouldn't have made it home until 2 AM and for what?! but I agree, some folks are so rude.
ReplyDeleteThey knew they hit your door--they should have checked it and apologized! Some people are just so rude! Tracey and Eric had a Hummer rip up their bumper (they saw the parking lot video) and the bums didn't even leave a note. E & T ended up paying the $500 deductible. Yeah, "it's just money." Our money!
ReplyDelete