Thursday, October 2, 2008

10 Things I am Doing (Alli's idea)

1. I already posted the "Health Screening" on Oct. 29th
2. I am currently making 9 "Tooth Fairy Pillows". I have already sent Emmie's to her. I hope she gets it before the SECOND tooth falls out! I have been told by her she has a second loose tooth. I will take a picture and try and post it. I am not as techie as my sister Carol. She has given me several lessons and well...whatever....
3. I am trying to get all my homemade "cards" organized. I am determined not to buy any purchased cards from this day forward....
4. My sister Carol and I are fabric store addicts....we both have a few quilts going. Carols are alot fancier than mine. I'm kind of a plain Jane.....she has more patience to learn new embroidery tricks,etc. I have a Halloween one I would like to get finished before Oct. 31st. Hmmmm...
5. I just had a tree planted in my front yard. I knew it was big but....the trunk is 6 feet minimum in heighth before the branches start! I had it delivered and planted by three guys. I love trees and shade.....I love to see the tree swaying in the breeze. I finally have time to "smell the roses". Its the little things that give me pleasure these days! Mark loves it, I think because I love it!
6. I have finished all my Christmas shopping. I can't wait to decorate for X-mas!!! I would like to have a X-mas neighborhood party this year.
7. I am in the middle of making some "bags", ( pink and brown polka dot) for the three older grand daughters for X-mas.
8. I just ordered (Heidi took charge) "Scentsy" stuff for the Girls families for X-mas. Courtney, who I adore in Heidi's neighborhood was having a "Scentsy"party. Yeah!!!!
9. I think the thing I am most proud about these days is the fact that my sister Denise (lives in Texas) and I are exercising EVERY DAY for 30 minutes. She is doing 40 minutes. I will work up to that. We email each other when we are finished. It's pretty competitive....who emails first!!! I love it!
10. I have a goal of losing 40-50 pounds by next summer. The family reunion is in July. I hope to lose thirty of it by this X-mas. I am doing it to be healthy. My sister Carol has a contest with her boss to lose weight. I know we both want to go shopping for smaller clothes!!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, on all your efforts. Glad to see stuff on your blog, enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can diet and exercise on the same day, so you are my hero for doing both!

    Don't believe anything Linda says about the stuff she makes being anything less than what I do. She is way, way more talented than I am.

    ReplyDelete