Saturday, December 6, 2008

CC 1st Ward Christmas Party 2008

Well, tonight Mark & I were reminded at 4:30 today that the ward party started at 6:00 p.m. I said to Mark...I hadn't fixed anything for dinner...do you feel like going? He was game for it. Before we left I said ya wanna bet? Ham, cheezy potatoes & green jello? He said you never know??? We walked into the chapel...roast beef aroma was in the air! Touchdown! Mark was having potatoes & meat for dinner! We found a spot at one of the 300 tables...sat down next to a cute couple with two kids. We did the usual chitty chat...THEN IT WAS OUR TURN TO LINE UP!!!!! (for dinner that is). Well, roast beef, baked potatoes, salads galore...yummy! They even had yummy rolls with real butter...not like margarine at the family parties. Up town here in CC. Well, they had a program starting....we decided to make a run for it! We left at 6:55....we made it almost an hour! Great dinner! Mark wondered if we should ask "How often do you have these dinners? Once a month?"

2 comments:

  1. Way to get a freebie dinner! Times have changed, Linda, the Mormons make much better food now, escpeicially in that rich ward. Ha. Too funny. We would've left right along with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! When I was Primary President I worked hard on those programs. You should have stayed the whole time! If we were there with you, we would have helped you out by leaving early to check on the dogs. And to think we used to love watching those programs (only because our kids were in them!) :o)

    ReplyDelete