Monday, December 8, 2008
Mark can't part with anything!
Well, this weekend Mark brought 2-thirty nine gallon...not 33 gallon bags full of shoes and "junk" down from Riverton. He didn't have time to go through "his stuff" before our move 1 1/2 years ago. I did the WHOLE house..yes almost 4800 square feet of thinning out. And no I am not bitter! Laugh! Anyway...he decided to bring it all down rather than go through it up North. My son in law would be so proud of him! We took the shoes that John told him to get rid of about 5 or 6 years ago to the DI. Nope! He hasn't worn them at all these past few years! Thank goodness the Dr. Martens are finally gone. I am sure someone at the DI will want them....I have to really not laugh sometimes when I see what he has held onto. He had so many "free" bags (the ones you get at conventions) still full of the stuff he collected. I had to keep saying NO..the grandkids do not need this! Chuck it! He had so many umbrellas..I had to stop counting. T-shirts...we could decorate the White house Christmas tree with these! There was one from just about every State in the USA! He wants to put a bookcase in our bedroom. NOPE! Isn't gonna happen! I went out to the garage and reminded him of the books he still has from his high school seminary class. He is going to be 63. He has kept these gems over 47 years. I think we still have a few books from the University of Utah as well. HELLO!!!! If you haven't touched it in 6 months or in Mark's case 47 years...you don't need it! Earphones....he has a box full...you know the ones from the airlines? He can't part with them. He found a CD player.....get rid of it! We all have Ipods now. When we moved his parents years ago....they were pack rats as well. Wow...I hope no one thinks I am a pack rat when I die! I better work on this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No one could call you a pack rat! The stuff you give to the DI is better than the stuff I use everyday. :o)
ReplyDeleteWell, he kept you around for all these years, so that says something positive about his "collection." HA
ReplyDeleteI can use some earphones. You still got them? And the books that are 47 years old? They'd sale at the annual Coral Canyon yard sale. :-)
I thought I was a pack rat until I met Eric and started going through some of his things. The things he has kept just amazed me. Maybe it's a guy thing. Who knows?
ReplyDeleteIt's a guy thing. Our only fault.
ReplyDelete