I have been busy making cards for myself to give family and friends. I have made them for my daughters and their families as well. I can't seem to do things on a small scale for some reason. I guess I get that from my Mother. She always seemed to make nightgowns, cookies, bread, quilts, and cheesecakes for the entire neighborhood. She always had enough food made for dinner to feed an "army". Our families motto was "there is always food & time to share with everyone". We always seemed to have food for who ever might show up for dinner. My parents taught us to "share". Period. I am so grateful I learned this from them growing up. I watch my daughters and they are carrying on this same attribute! Thank you Mom and Ned. I am sure they are up in Heaven sharing even now!Sunday, January 25, 2009
Card Making 2009
I have been busy making cards for myself to give family and friends. I have made them for my daughters and their families as well. I can't seem to do things on a small scale for some reason. I guess I get that from my Mother. She always seemed to make nightgowns, cookies, bread, quilts, and cheesecakes for the entire neighborhood. She always had enough food made for dinner to feed an "army". Our families motto was "there is always food & time to share with everyone". We always seemed to have food for who ever might show up for dinner. My parents taught us to "share". Period. I am so grateful I learned this from them growing up. I watch my daughters and they are carrying on this same attribute! Thank you Mom and Ned. I am sure they are up in Heaven sharing even now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are the card making queen! Yes, that is one really good thing that Mom and Ned passed on to us--we know how to cook up food for armies.
ReplyDeleteWOW!! I didn't think you had made that many! I know you said you made a ton but...
ReplyDeleteI love having fun hobbies like this!!