Friday, April 30, 2010

Oprah's "No Phone Zone"

I am in Flagstaff helping Stacie get moved into her new house. Kerby, Stacie and the girl's have gone to Lake Havasu City for two days. Madison has a program she is involved in there. I am relaxing sort of.....while they are gone. I don't think I ever REALLY relax but......anyway today I watched the Oprah show lounging on the couch. I guess today is "No Phone Zone" Day. I went online and signed the pledge to NOT talk or text while driving...I never could physically text while driving....wow....I won't talk on the phone from this day forward. If my phone rings I will call you back. No blue tooth, no wireless headset, speaker phone or car gizmo....No No No.....I immediately sent a text to my only driving grandchild, Jake (16). It said, please do not talk or text while you are driving. I would be devastated if something happened to you. Love YFG (your favorite grandma). He quickly sent a text back. I won't text or talk on my phone while driving Grandma. Are you watching Oprah he asked? He was home watching the show too! If you are interested in signing the pledge please go to www.oprah.com. I ordered 8 magnet signs "No Phone Zone"for several people I love! Make the pledge today and we might save a lot of lives including our own! Last year almost 6000 people were killed. This doesn't include the critically injured people that survived crashes. This is huge for me as I have used my phone for business for over 20 years!

2 comments:

  1. I understand the texting, but no bluetooth? I thought that was acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You RELAX? right. :-) Those are scary statistics.

    ReplyDelete