Thursday, May 27, 2010
Knee Surgery
Today I met with Dr. Scott M. Smith in St.George, UT. I REALLY like him. This is the 4th Orthopaedic Doctor I have met with. Actually the 5th if you count the guy who scoped my knees four years ago. He did Chris Hart's hip and Konnie Jenkin's knees. He also did work on my Cardiologist's family. Well, I have my first knee (my right one-the worst) replacement scheduled for Friday June 25TH. The second will follow 2 weeks later. They normally send you to a live in care center (for physical therapy) for 2-3 weeks. This doctor prefers the physical therapist to come to you in the comfort of your own home. If all goes well the second one will be done 2 weeks later so I can continue to do the physical therapy all at once. Of course at my age (60) I had to go get an EKG today from my cardiologist. I have to attend a 2 hour pre-op class to explain the knee replacement. Wow...I wasn't nervous until they said I had to take a class....I thought surgery....I have had several surgeries...but I have never had to take a class before surgery. I will meet with the doctor on June 15th for blood work, etc. I have to attend the mandatory pre-op class on May 17th. I guess they give you a week to back out after the class information....I am starting to wonder how bad this is really going to be.....it can't be anymore pain than I have right now...I hope....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

School for surgery? Wow! I always ditched classes when I was in high school (I vaguely remember you had a similar habit), but I guess this one is pretty important so you better attend. If the pain is gone once you're healed, this will definitely be worth it for you!
ReplyDeleteI hope this surgery works! Then you can run that marathon you have been talking about. :)
ReplyDelete