Thursday, May 27, 2010
Things to remember..
I have to write things down these days...actually I have always been a BIG user of yellow post a notes. Today Dr. Smith had X-rays done on my neck, hands/wrists & of course the knees. My right calf is crooked (bowed) because of my bad knees. The left leg isn't as bad. He will straighten the leg when he replaces the old knee with the new one. My left hand has 2 1/2 fingers that no longer work. The x-ray showed that I had really broken my left pinkie and probably just assumed it was arthritis. The finger healed incorrectly and then arthritis did set in....hmmm. He said he could put a screw in it and it would bend a titch more but probably not worth doing surgery to repair. The other fingers cannot be fixed. He doesn't believe in any arthritis drugs they have on the market right now. Amen to that. I won't use any of them. My neck has bones that are fused with a large spur on one side. He doesn't operate on necks. He thinks if I did physical therapy I would be happy with the results. The problem with any joint if you don't use it...it most likely will freeze so to speak. It won't move freely. My left thumb joint is off center by 1/2 inch. He said fix it only when you can't stand the pain......keep moving.....keep my joints lubricated. I have to meet with the vascular vein surgeon after my knees are fixed. I can't have my femur varicose vein worked on until after both knees are fixed. I was suppose to see one in SLC last week. I am going to wait until the Fall. I can only take so much pain.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you are doing your knees. I think you will be happier with less pain.
ReplyDeleteWow. It's amazing what modern medicine can do to improve us now days. I can attest to physical therapy working....
ReplyDelete