Friday, October 22, 2010

Boys night out with 2 girl's

Heidi was teaching a class last night (for blended families) so I had "boys night out with 2 girl's). I took Jake, Wyatt (Jake's friend-my adopted grandson), Cameron, and Zack to dinner at the Training Table. Ellie and I were the 2 girl's. Wyatt has never eaten there. The older boys tried to get the biggest hamburger...Jake had a double meat one...wow! Zack had to have one with yummy bacon. Cameron....only a patty with cheese...no sauce or tomato or pickles...just plain! Ellie spotted a huge root beer float on the menu. That's ALL she wants with her cheese fries. Jake said to her "goober we can make one of those at home". I said it's okay she can have ANYTHING she wants when Grandma is buying! I can still hear the giggle when the boy's brought the 8 or 9" tall frosted root beer glass to the table! Gotta love it! I wish I had taken my camera! It was hard to find a night that ALL of them could go. Wyatt's Dad had been hurt in a car wreck..the whole back of his truck was smashed to the cab. A guy had been reading the "scriptures" on his phone while driving and plowed into Burt going 50 miles an hour. Burt was stopped turning left with his blinker on...I am so glad he wasn't hurt. I had to go and see him before dinner. He would be dead or paralyzed if he had been in a smaller car. I hope the "scripture" guy goes to jail! When will the texting/scripture reading stop!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some great fun with the kids. Terrible about the accident--hope he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! gotta laugh, "Training Table"... Cool restaurant name. Drivers' inattention will never end.

    ReplyDelete